Now you can tune bagpipes accurately and easily, every time with the HBT-3 Bagpipe Tuner. It’s a compact digital bagpipe tuner, easy to use, accurate and an essential personal tuner for anyone with pipes’.
To tune bagpipes with the HBT-3 all you need do is play Low A, calibrate the tuner then start fine tuning your chanter and drones. The HBT-3 Bagpipe Tuner will display when a note is sharp or flat and when in tune the LCD changes colour from amber to green.
It is small enough to put in your pocket or sporran, gentle on batteries and has an auto-off function when not used for 5 minutes.
The HBT-3 Bagpipe Tuner is specially programmed for the Bagpipe scale, meaning each note will be detected and displayed correctly for pipers.
Accuracy and Sensitivity:
The HBT-3 Bagpipe Tuner delivers precision digital accuracy and will detect any pitch fluctuations your bagpipe chanter and drones produce, which means if the blowing is not ‘spot on’… the HBT-3 needle will indicate this.
However there’s also a ‘velocity’ (v) button so you can slow down the needle movement if required. The velocity button allows greater tolerance to pitch/ pressure fluctuations.
The HBT-3 calculates movement at 1Hz steps between the ranges of +/- 1-hz for superior detection and sensitivity.
Key features of the HBT-3
• Dual speed needle style meter, allowing control of how fast you would like the needle to move.
• Single Hz movement between -10 & +10 Hz of the calibration frequency- for absolute accuracy.
• Fast response time, less than -20ms
• Note, frequency and calibration frequency displayed on the large LCD
• Backlit LCD display for high visibility- particularly outside
• Internal microphone
• External Bagpipe clip microphone also included.
• Drones & Chanter mode
• Auto Shut off after 5 minutes of no use.
Dimensions: 80mm*15mm*59mm, 64gms
• Ultra sensitive peizo sensor
• Strong firm spring
• Soft padded contacts so it won’t damage your pipes.